REASONS TO STUDY ABROAD
1. Obtain International Degree
Take the opportunity to break out of your academic routine; go abroad and still graduate on time.
2. Studying abroad is the most effective way to learn a language.
By immersing yourself in a different culture, you will continually hear and practice speaking the language you are trying to learn in its natural context.
3. You will get to know another culture first-hand.
Personally experiencing another country will allow you to expand your understanding of its culture beyond the surface-level differences in food, language, and appearances.
4. Develop skills and gain experiences a classroom setting will never provide.
Being in a new cultural setting gives you an opportunity to discover new strengths and abilities, conquer new challenges, and solve new problems.
5. Make friends and contacts around the world.
You will get to meet and mingle with the locals as well as other international students.
6. Learn about yourself.
Return home with new ideas and perspectives about yourself and your culture. The encounter with other cultures enables you to see your own culture through new eyes.
7. Expand your view of the world.
Studying abroad provides you with an informed and much less biased perspective toward other cultures and peoples.
8. Choose the right Country.
Consider studying in a country that has a lower cost of living and save. Also if you qualify for financial aid and scholarships. Look at its future economic prospect.
9. Study abroad enhances employment opportunities.
To an employer, a student who has studied abroad is self-motivated, independent and willing to embrace challenges. Your experience in a foreign country will all set you apart from the majority of other job applicants.
10. It’s a once in a lifetime experience.
Once you graduate new responsibilities come up like a job, buying a car, rent payments, a mortgage, and other family responsibilities. It will be difficult to get away for any length of time and immerse yourself in a foreign culture.